ASMR is what Youtube channels are popping up over the internet like mushrooms after rain, but what is ASMR? Many people might be wondering what exactly they mean by saying ‘such video has an amazing ASMR experience!’ But what does ASMR on Youtube mean? And what are some of the tingles that people experience when they hear this acronym?
The internet is a crazy place. Do you know how sometimes, the most random things can become popular and trendy? Like cake frosting videos or Birdbox challenges! One such recent phenomenon that developed over time but has only recently started getting huge attention from mainstream media outlets is ASMR aka pure magic to relax.
What Does ASMR On Youtube Mean?
So, what does ASMR on youtube mean? While some people are still trying to figure out what the trend is all about, ASMR has been a huge hit on YouTube and other social media sites. It stands for Autonomously Sensory Meridian Response which means that it can be triggered by anything from whispered words or soft whispering sounds in your ear.
Certain types of movements like finger tapping or eye blinking when they’re done slowly enough so as not to cause any discomfort and even specific visuals like chewing or lip-smacking. This sensation makes you feel like you’ve been unexpectedly caressed, and it can be extremely relaxing for your nerve endings.
When someone whispers in your ear or softly taps their fingers on the desk near you, what do you experience? You might be experiencing what is called ASMR (Autonomously Sensory Meridian Response).
With the rise of ASMR, a new form has been discovered that is captivating people all around the world. This trend continues its popularity on both Google Search and YouTube with high engagement rates from videos pertaining to this topic alone- we’re looking forward to seeing from what does ASMR on youtube mean to how it evolves!
Why Is ASMR Trending On YouTube?
ASMR is trending because what started off as a little YouTube niche is now an international sensation and what could be better than videos of people whispering in your ears, crinkling paper, or drawing on various surfaces. To sum up, ASMR is much popular on YouTube because:
- People are watching what they call ‘Relaxing Tingles’
- ASMR triggers sensations in your brain that make you feel relaxed and calm.
- It’s become a full-fledged industry on YouTube. People are making millions of dollars per year off ASMRtists on YouTube revenue alone!
- The most-watched videos fall into the category of role-playing, where the creator is pretending to be your personal therapist or stylist.
- People are seeking out ASMR videos to help them relax and fall asleep at night.
- Marketing strategies used in ASMR Videos: Roleplay, Brushing sounds, Unboxing, Personal Attention, etc.
What are some of the tingles that people experience when they hear this acronym? ASMR is not something that everyone can experience!
It’s what you might feel if someone unexpectedly caressed your nape while walking past you or what you might experience when you hear someone whispering in your ear, and what could be better than a YouTube community with videos made by different people all to ‘trigger’ what is called ASMR?
ASMR has got many divisions. So, what ASMR is best for you? Some prefer it to be sound-based while others like soft talks. If you love food, then you should check out the 12 best ASMR food channels on YouTube.
Well, what can we say, what starts off as a little YouTube niche is now an international sensation, and what could be better than videos of people whispering or the delicious ASMR food videos!
What Is The Future Of ASMR On YouTube?
There have been a lot of what is called ASMR emerging on the internet, with it becoming a full-fledged industry on YouTube. People have been making millions of dollars per year just from what is called ASMR on YouTube alone, all thanks to what it does the most – being a source of relaxation to what is called ASMR artists and what they produce as a form of what is called ‘Relaxing Tingle’.
Let’s brainstorm the future of ASMR on YouTube:
- It is still new, what people want to experiment
- What happens when you get what you want, but not exactly what you expected? You keep what you have or at least try to do it again
- What happens when you keep trying to achieve what you want? You get closer and closer to what you search
- What happens when you get what you want? You do it again and try to make it better or at least what people want
- What happens when you keep what you have, what people want and try to make it better? You become popular
- What happens when people like what you do, what people want and try to make it better? You get what you want - money
The future of what is called ASMR looks bright. What started off as ASMR on YouTube now has a dedicated community of ASMR enthusiasts and it has evolved into a full-blown industry.
Can You Start Your ASMR YouTube Channel?
There’s no need to understand all about ASMR for it to be effective. All you must do is find ways that are creative and engaging in your niche, then tap into this largely untapped community! There is clearly a huge and engaged audience that responds to it. And as brands don’t need to understand its roots for it to be beneficial just have to niche down your ASMR content.
Here we have got the top 8 ASMR microphone picks for you! But if you just want to get started here is a guide to make ASMR videos without a microphone. Before we go what do you think about what does ASMR on YouTube mean? And what are the best triggers for ASMR? Please share your experience in the comment box.